CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION SERVICES – CAPS MEMBERSHIP
JOIN NOW – Nominal Membership Fee Required for Our Programs & Services
To access and benefit from all of CAPS’ programs and services in the 2018-2019 school year, CAPS requires that schools become a “Member of CAPS.” As a CAPS member, your school will receive the following benefits:
- Access and priority choice of dates for our CAPS prevention through education classroom programs in your school: programs on child abuse, bullying, internet safety, sexual harassment, date rape & more!!!
- Materials for all CAPS student programs (posters, stickers, and bookmarks)
- Admission to Dignity Act Update Workshop for all DACs and concerned professionals to be held on Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at the LI Children’s Museum. You may send one person from your school to this workshop free-of-charge. (Non-members – $100)
- Informative educators’ newsletters with latest information on bullying, internet safety, child abuse etc.
- CAPS calendar created by our LI school children
- Consultations with our Bully Prevention Specialist on our bully helpline.
- For MS & HS: Students United for Safe Schools (SUSS) – training and participation in student leadership anti-bullying program
CAPS has been providing high quality prevention programs for 35 years to the LI school community, and counts on your support as we expand our efforts to be your partners in the education of Long Island’s students.
Annual Membership Fee is a nominal $250/ per school. The estimated actual value of our programs and services are over $2,000 per school.
Where can you find the funds? Schools that have already submitted their fees have utilized the following sources: Principal’s discretionary funds, line item on budget, and PTA donations.
Click here for all the info: 2018-19 CAPS Membership Application Flyer and Form