There are currently no job openings, but CAPS welcomes volunteers and interns.
CAPS internships for college students majoring in guidance, community health education, public health, counseling and other related studies. You’ll work under the supervision of a mental health professional and:
- receive in-depth professional training in all areas of child abuse and child safety
- attend professional seminars
- work with Long Island school personnel, and teaching staff
- present workshops on bully prevention, child abuse, sexual harassment and date rape to elementary, middle and high school students in Nassau and Suffolk counties.
Contact Patti Cathers, LMSW, Director of Programs and Volunteer Services at 516-621-0552 ext. 307.
CAPS internships for college students majoring in communication, public relations, nonprofit administration, computer science, business, and other related studies. You will be working under the direction of the CAPS administrative team. Duties may include:
- assisting with social media, marketing, development and/or website.
- learning and using skills needed to assist with planning events/appeals and increasing public awareness about our mission.
- researching and potentially assisting with the implementation of technology
If you would like to be considered for the above internship opportunity please send a resume attached to a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line write “Interested in Internship Position”. This position is available during the semesters as well as in the summer.